Thursday, January 20, 2011

Owie Doll


Thank you friends and family for your kind phone calls, emails and comments about Harris' procedure yesterday.  It will be a couple of days until we get the biopsy results but we did get some preliminary good news!  The doctor said that Harris' esophagus looked healthy (compared to the last scope) and that there were no furrows or inflammation that he could see.

Are you ready for adorableness overload?


My Mom made Harris an Owie doll to take with him to the hospital.  Owie dolls are amazingly resilient because they are constantly being bruised, scraped and broken and yet they always have a smile on their face and the ability to make children feel better.


I first saw the Owie doll on Ikat's Bag Esty store where she sells the dolls.  I was thrilled to discover that she also sells the pattern to make your own Owie doll. I always assume that my Mother can make anything I ask her too and she can- which is a happy thing!

One of the neatest things about Owie are his band aids.  They are velcro that stick to him and come off without pulling the fabric (I had to order the fabric online).


He wears a hospital gown that ties in the back.  Harris loves that my Mom also made him some white "underwear!"


Owie has a medic bag to hold all of his medical supplies- band aids, bandages, a cast, and an arm sling .  My Mom is also making Owie a head wrap and an eye patch.


Harris absolutely loves his Owie!   He took him to the hospital yesterday where everything that was done to Harris was done to Owie- the nurses were even nice enough to give Owie his own arm bracelets!


My Mom asked that I never ask her to sew anything again.  You don't suppose she's serious do you?

7 comments:

  1. I Think that is one of the cutest thing I've ever seen. I hope your mom isn't serious!

    Hope all is well with Harris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!!! Good thing it is only Jan so she can forget she said that by Halloween! Talent runs in you genes for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! that little Owie doll is so cute! I especially love the little hospital gown and his sweet little face. I had wanted to make Livvie an Owie doll when she went to hospital to have her tonsils out, but I wasn't sure what fabric to use for the doll, so the velcro bandaids would stick? Your mum is very talented! I'm sure she won't be able to resist making more of her gorgeous creations for your children. I especially love her Halloween costumes... they are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that the news so far is positive for Harris--sounds very encouraging!
    You do realize what a special Mom you have, I'm sure--her talent is amazing, and I do agree with you that she can "create" most anything you ask her to---

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really cute! She did a great job. It looks like he really likes it too. What a brave little trooper he must be. Hope he is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If this isn't the cutest thing ever!!!
    I hope everything went well!!1

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thrilled that you good some GOOD NEWS! That is INCREDIBLE! You weren't joking about ADORABLE-NESS OVERLOAD! I just about squealed in delight at this DOLL! OH MY GOODNESS!!!! This just makes me long to learn how to sew. I might just have to find one I can buy in the meantime because every doctor and hospital visit needs a friend like this! TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips