Sunday, January 30, 2011

Our Cakes, Painted

I have something to share today that I am so excited about and absolutely in love with!  Remember the cake painting that Bryce gave me?  That was the first cake that Bryce and I made together and the start of a birthday tradition that has lasted the past eight years and has no end in sight!

On Friday I received this package in the mail.


A couple of months ago I contacted Carey to see if she would be interested in painting a collection of all the cakes that we have made for Grace and Harris.  I've had a cabinet in my dining room/kitchen for the past year but I hadn't found just what I wanted to put above the cabinet.


I love the first painting that she did for us and I thought that it would be special to commemorate all of the cakes in the same way- except on a little smaller of a scale.  I knew that I would love them but I didn't know just how much!


Carey did an exceptional job and she is amazing to work with.  Each painting is unique and she managed to capture the best details of each cake- which is saying something considering all she had to work with was a scanned picture of each cake.















I'm looking forward to adding to the collection.

8 comments:

  1. What a magical childhood you are giving your children, to see their birthday cakes in all these little cake paintings - absolutely delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out beautiful. I love where you hung them.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is sooooo completely AMAZING!!!! All of them together above the cake stands... Breathtakingly perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a great idea. I bet your children love it too. What a great way to preserve those memories and be reminded of them every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so fun hanging in your home. I feel priviledged to have been a part of the magic you are creating for your children and as a family. Thank you for letting me paint your beautiful creations. They were so fun to paint. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY GOODNESS!
    LOVE IT!
    You have the best ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just LOVE this... such a sweet idea & they look wonderful on your wall!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips