Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A birthday and a painting


Yesterday was my birthday and 38 was the new number.  At various times in the last year I have worried about getting older and all that entails, but this year I've determined that instead of getting down about my new age I will embrace it and be happy that I am getting older!  After all, the alternative is much, much worse than a few new wrinkles or a sagging anything.

Also, I'm realizing there are some benefits to getting older.  Recently, I went in for my annual eye exam with some complaints of everything being blurry while I was wearing my contacts (I've worn contacts for the past 15 years).  I was assuming that my eyesight had taken a turn for the worse, but after the exam the Dr. gave me news of an eyesight miracle- my vision is now almost perfect!  Apparently, as you get older a muscle in your eye can start to relax and your vision can actually improve!  How unbelievable is that?

The children gave me a new painting for my birthday.  I LOVE it!  Grace drew the frog and Harris drew "me."  I've already hung it up on the green wall and it looks perfect.

5 comments:

  1. I hope you had a great birthday! I thought about you all day and never called. :(

    Enjoy being 38...it was not so bad!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your decision about age, and on your eyesight improving. I've heard that, but about people in their 60s! That drawing is beautiful! Did Harris really draw you by himself? Looks like he has the patience for it. What a happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I asked Bryce if he helped Harris with the outline but he said that he did it all by himself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy belated birthday! I hope your snow days don't linger as long as ours have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday my dear friend!
    I love my birthday too...why not...we can't do anything about it!
    I absolutely love the adorable painting...and perfect eyesight...mine is taking the other turn!
    I hope you had a great day...and that you celebrate for a month!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips