Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Santa Party


Yesterday was the children's Christmas party. Since the invitations featured the one and only Santa Claus we decided to make the whole party centered around him. I tried, and feel like I was successful, to keep the party simple. The party was only one and a half hours and in that time we fit in a snack, craft, and two fun actitivities.

The Food

As many of you know, the food is one of my favorite things to plan for a party! I only served three things as the party was after school and before dinner! Bryce and the children drew a North Pole scene on our chalkboard that served as the backdrop for the food table (the whole party was in our attic).


I found directions for really easy and cute North Pole cupcakes at One Charming Party.


The children and I made a Santa Hat party mix that was very festive. Originally, this idea was created using Bugles but since they are made with corn I used Hershey Kisses to create the Santa Hats. Aren't they darling?



Perhaps my favorite Christmas snack of all time are these Santas made from Babybel cheese. I mean really, how cute are they? They were a snap to put together too. I found them here.


I put coconut around the rim of the drinks to look like Santa's fur trim. I'm about 99% sure that not one child noticed that detail but it made me happy.


The Craft

I picked up these cute Santa masks at Michael's for 50 cents each. I put out a bunch of paint and pom poms and the children decorated them. I love that they were all so individual!



The PhotoBooth

This was a really fun activity for the children and me! Using printables that I purchased on Etsy the children used props and posed for pictures with each other. We moved the food table and used the North Pole scene as a backdrop for the pictures. After the party I emailed them their pictures.





Reindeer Food

Our last activity was making reindeer food to leave out for Santa's reindeer. We packaged it up, along with a cute poem, to send home with each child. I found the printable here.




8 comments:

  1. I love how all the treats turned out! And awesome idea with the chalkboard scene! Merry Christmas!

    hugs! Kim @ Party Frosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the details, I would guess Grace noticed the coconut rim! I adore the group photo. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this party too! I will def. bookmark for next year...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so awesome! I love the north pole cupcakes. I will have to refer back to this for next year too. Have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Don't think the word simple is even in your vocab... SIMPLY amazing SIMPLY wonderful SIMPLY astounding but no simple for you my dear!!! I love all your fantastic details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks awesome!
    I love the picture of you...your a BLAST!!!! LOVE IT!
    I made those north pole cupcakes for my kids too...they loved it...I should have added a full party...looks like you guys had too much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just caught up on several posts, and I just have to say - you are such a wonderful, creative mother. I love all the wonder and "magic" and fun of Christmas and want so much to pass a sense of that down to my kids, and it's lovely to be inspired by all you do for and with your children. I love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this party too! I will def. bookmark for next year...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips