Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Grandparents gift- a calendar

For the past six years the children have made homemade gifts for their grandparents.  When choosing what they will make, my goal is for the present to be something that their grandparents can use and enjoy.

This year we made calendars.  We divided the year up between Harris and Grace and they each drew 6 pictures to go with their assigned month.  Originally, I was planning on using zazzle to make the calendars but about 10 minutes into working on it I was already frustrated and realizing that it was going to take awhile to put together.  That's when our Mac swooped in and saved the day!  On a whim we decided to try the calendar option in iphoto and within 10 minutes (no exaggeration) we were done and it was ordered.  I believe that it turned out beautifully!  I thought I would share with you the pictures that Harris and Grace drew for each month (plus, we didn't order one for ourselves and I want a record of them!).

January

February
I love the groundhog sticking up from his home!

March
The leprechauns make me smile!

April

May
The three people on the ground are myself and the children's grandmothers.  Harris wanted to include them for Mother's Day.  He also wanted to make sure that I realized he put me in a skirt!

June
The is a picture of the children's school but my favorite thing is the couple who are celebrating their anniversary (that's us!).  I love that he has a gift behind his back!

July
How great is the person diving into the pool?

August

September
Again, the children's school from Harris' perspective this time.

October

November
Harris' handprint turkey.

December
I love the rooftops at the bottom.



5 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! So lovely to see events from the perspective of a child (or two!). I am very impressed with your children's drawings - very artistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot tell you how much we love this calendar!!


    Love from the Grandparents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kid art is just the best. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea...my kids love to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was facing addiction and wanted to go to a teen rehab. These guys are the best and the really know how to help a person grow.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips