Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Christmas Cookbooks


When Christmastime rolls around every year it is with glee that I get out my Christmas cookbooks. I love these books and the memories that the recipes within have helped to shape. My favorite Christmas cookbooks are those that have unique recipes that we have made a part of our holiday traditions.

My very favorite cookbook is Christmas from the Heart of the Home by Susan Branch. This book is absolutely beautiful and I find myself reading it like a book every year. For many years our traditional Christmas Eve menu was based on a menu in this book. I can't recommend it enough! I also love Holiday Feasts by Lou Pappas. I picked this little book up at a small giftshop on a vacation years ago. The main course of our tree trimming dinner originated from this sweet and traditional book. The newest book from our collection is Christmas Family Gatherings by Donato Maggipinto. This book has menus and activities for various holiday activities and we've already found several favorites.

I think I love these books so much because they feel special and intimate instead of mass produced and difficult!

Please do tell what your favorite Christmas cookbook might be.

3 comments:

  1. Of course my favorite Christmas cookbook is Christmas from the Heart of the Home too. I love putting in the stand on my counter. It is such a special book with beautiful pages and great ideas.

    Thanks for introducing me to Susan so many years ago.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited to check out these books! You always have the BEST book recommendations! I love traditions..and you have so many great ones!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happened on your blog this morning, it's so adorable! Love what you are doing with your kids! Thank you -- and I was thrilled to see my cookbook too of course...couldn't go away without saying hello, and Merry Christmas! Susan Branch

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips