Wednesday, November 3, 2010

What we wore

On Saturday we had our family portraits taken. We used to do this once a year but somehow time has flown by and it has been two (maybe even 3!) years. Of course the big question was, "What will we wear?". I had moments of thinking that I want to try to emulate Design Mom's awesome, eclectic mix of colors, styles and fabrics but then I realized that we just aren't that cool or hip. Our family style, or so I like to think, is a bit more on the classic side. I love peter pan collars, lambswool sweaters and pearls. My challenge, always, is to not get too matchy, matchy. In the end I picked a color and tried to thread it through our outfits in one way or another. The color red came from a dress that I bought for Grace on sale at the end of last season. I love this dress! The rest of our outfits came together rather easily and without having to buy everything brand new. I haven't seen the pictures yet but I hope that everything translated well!

Grace wore this beautiful dress from Pears and Bears.


For Harris I bought this red sweater, on sale, online at Crewcuts.


I added this gorgeous flower pin to a black sweater dress I already owned and Bryce wore a sweater and dress shirt that he already had.


2 comments:

  1. I love it all! Love Grace's dress (noticed that frog hanger too!), love the classic sweater, LOVE the flower pin. It is wonderful. Share with me where it came from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love looking at family pictures especially the new trendy things people are doing. Can't wait to see how the colors translated in your pictures.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips