Saturday, September 25, 2010

A Moonlit Tea Party



For Family Night last night we had a stargazing tea party. While we were in Maine we did some stargazing and I was amazed by all that we could see (I had never seen the Milky Way!). While the stargazing was not nearly of the same quality here it was still something fun to do together as a family. Add to that the fun of having an outdoor tea party and it was a great way to spend the evening!

To get ready for the tea party, Harris made Moon Scones, the children each made a night sky placemat and I warmed up the Milky Way Tea (milk, honey and vanilla), which was perfect right before bedtime! We spread out a quilt on the lawn, gazed upward and marveled at the night sky!

A Moonlit Tea Party Menu

Moon Scones with jam
Cheese stars and crescent moon apple slices
Milky way Tea







P.S. I got the idea for this tea party from The Tea Party Book by Lucille Recht Penner. Funny, I've had this book for years and have never used it. Now I want to host all of these little tea parties!

6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I want to live at your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful! I love stargazing with my family....now to add a tea party....Perfect! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You continue to delight your followers. Think I'll have to share this post with my quilting friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NO, Al is not quilting yet. I leaped before I looked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For over 10 years I was an addict and needed dual diagnosis treatment help. When I got the help I needed, I could start living my life again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I sold my BMW I was really nervous about finding good motorcycle movers. No need to worry! These guys are the best.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips