Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The best children's book to travel with... ever!


For years we have lugged multiple books with us every time we travel. Our bedtime routine of reading to the children is deeply entrenched and most definitely missed if we have to skip it.


As much as I love children's books, I don't love lugging around their heavy bulk. The 20th Century Children's Book Treasury solves that problem in a beautiful way! It contains 44 classic and soon to be classic stories including Curious George, Goodnight Moon, Make Way for Ducklings and even Winnie-the-Pooh.

We took this book to Maine and read from it every day. We found many stories that we loved and discovered some that we hadn't read! With 44 stories we never ran out of stories and I didn't have to pack an extra bag. I think that this book would make a marvalous gift to new parents! You can read more about this book here.

2 comments:

  1. That is a great book to gift to myself... =)! I do the exact same thing...Bringing bags of books to read! Keep the marvelous ideas coming!

    By the way...everytime you comment on my blog...it makes me smile! Thanks for stopping by! =)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips