Sunday, August 29, 2010

Maine Books

It has been such a busy week- all fun stuff that was nice to be a part of! This afternoon our family was fortunate enough to attend another first birthday party. It was a great time and I took lots of pictures to share with you when I get back to regular posting. I'm taking the next week off as we head to Maine for vacation. I'm excited and a little apprehensive- I have no idea what to expect from this vacation!

Of course, we are taking the very books that inspired this trip in the first place!

One Morning in Maine by Robert McCloskey is actually based on the area in Maine that we are visiting. It's a delightful story and the pencil drawings are perfect.

Since we read Charlotte's Web by E.B. White last year we are taking the audio version, read by E.B. White himself, to listen to in the car.

L is for Lobster by Cynthia Furlong is our newest state book!




4 comments:

  1. I love Maine...can't wait to take our kids there one day. I am sure your trip will be amazing...waiting to hear all about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a fun trip. The first time i went to maine in August I was so surprised that we had to have blankets on the bed! In August!?! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found this blog...allthingschildren.blogspot.com... and thought about you... books and frogs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Recently in Poland to hear a lot of celebration commemorating the creation of Solidarity. There are many discussions on this subject and some of them are very controversial. I wonder whether in other countries, people know what it is and if they have solidarity on this issue a sentence?

    br
    Matt
    [url=http://www.odzywki-warszawa.pl]odżywki[/url]

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips