Friday, July 23, 2010

First Sleepover


Grace had her first sleepover ever this week and she was so very excited about it! She and Grace (yes, they share a name!) have been friends since they were three years old!

Grace and I had a lovely morning together making cupcakes to celebrate this special occasion. We followed directions for the cupcakes from the book, Hello, Cupcake! by Karen Tack and Alan Richardson. Not only were they fun to make (and Grace was able to do most of the work) but I think they turned out adorable!



After we were done making them and taking some photos I put them in the oven to keep them out of harms way. I certainly didn't want anything to mess up the cutest cupcakes ever! So you can imagine my horror and disappointment when I discovered that I had preheated the oven with them in there! This is a problem for me... this is not the first time it has happened. I need an intervention. They were still edible but not nearly as sweet and cute...


For dinner the children made their own personal pizzas and had some sparkling cider which Kristin sent to help celebrate.




After some playtime and a movie I tucked the girls and their dolls in for the night!


P.S. I'll pick the name for the winner of the giveaway tonight. There is still time to enter!

6 comments:

  1. What fun!

    How about not storing things in the oven...?!?! Just a thought...ha

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the coolest mom ever!!!! What a special way to celebrate friendship and a sleep over. Those cupcakes were out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never did see SUCH CUPCAKES! They are the cleverest ever. I see Harris there in bed with a book also! Bet this preheating disaster was your last. Never again will you not think of this before you touch the oven dial. If it sounds like I've 'been there', you would be correct. The child/pizza lineup is great!
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a blast! We made those same cupcakes for Chelsea's birthday party...the girls all loved them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a blast! We made those same cupcakes for Chelsea's birthday party...the girls all loved them! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done that a number of times, too. Now whenever I store something in the oven for safekeeping, I put a note over the control panel to make sure I don't turn it on!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips