Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Blueberries


Yesterday afternoon the children and I braved the heat and went blueberry picking. As usual, I believe the children ate as many as they picked but we managed to come home with quite a few blueberries.

We decided to make a blueberry sauce that we could eat on waffles, in oatmeal and atop ice cream!

Once we got to thinking about ice cream we came to the conclusion that blueberry ice cream would also be good. We used a recipe from my favorite ice cream cookbook. And because you can't have too many blueberries we decided that the blueberry sauce should go on top of the blueberry ice cream. A perfect match!


P.S. We also read, Blueberries for Sal by Robert McClosky. I just love how simply clever and sweet this book is!

2 comments:

  1. I love that little book. There's a blueberry u-pick farm not far from here...perhaps this will inspire me to take the kids this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy...that ice cream cone looks delicious!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips