Saturday, July 10, 2010

A ball, a vacation and a vintage dress


Last night we attended a charity ball. It was a lot of fun and gave me an opportunity to wear a dress I purchased last fall at a vintage/consignment store. I figure maybe it was a bridesmaid's dress in the 70's? I loved wearing it (Bryce told me I looked like a fairy when I put it on!)- it just felt special. (this was the only picture I took with our little camera- I might post more when I get copies)

I just booked us a trip to the Blue Isle Peninsula in Maine. It's home of author's E.B. White (Charlotte's Web) and Robert McCloskey (One Morning in Maine). Both stories were set in the area. Is it wrong to plan a vacation around children's books?

5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful dress! You have quite an eye to spy that one!

    I think your trip sounds perfect...and it is not wrong to plan such a magical get away for your kids!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. No--it's totally right to plan a vacation around kids' books!! I think that way, too. As soon as you mentioned the books, I thought "I've got to go there!" And I love your dress; what fun to get to wear vintage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Dress! You do have quite the eye...for design, fashion. I love your blog :)*I read it in one day when I became your follower*

    Just to let you know, I've given you a blog award!
    You can check it out here:
    www.heathersharbor.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    I love the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very lovely!

    (Also, totally not wrong. In fact, I am envious.)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips