Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Lavender Lemonade

Some of you might recall that I have a love of lavender. We use it in our cleaning products and we visited a lavender farm last year! Last summer I planted some lavender plants by our walkway in the back of the house and they have done very well!

I came across a recipe for Lavender Lemonade and simply had to try it. I was very pleasantly surprised by how good it was. Bryce proclaimed it very well might be the best lemonade he has ever had! This recipe was featured in O, the Oprah Magazine in August 2002.

Lavender Lemonade

3 cups sugar
7 sprigs lavender (stems and buds), plus additional for garnish
2 cups fresh lemon juice (from about 12 lemons)
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (from about 5 limes)

Directions:

In a large saucepan, bring one gallon of water and the sugar to a boil. Remove from heat; add 7 lavender sprigs and lemon and lime juices. Cool to room temperature, strain, and chill. Serve on ice, with additional lavender for garnish.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, thanks for this recipe. I can't wait to try. I'm a lavender nut, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous...I love the pop of lavender color against the pale yellow. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips