Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day




We celebrated Father's Day with breakfast outside, several hours at the pool and some froggy cookies.


One of the most special things about the day was the fact that the children really participated and took ownership in the preparation for the celebration. Grace gathered and arranged the flowers on the table, Harris made the sugar cookies (with my assistance, of course), and it was a team effort to decorate the cookies and to put the breakfast kabobs together.



Both of the children made something for Bryce at school but I also got him a gift that I was really pleased with.


In the little bag (I followed these instructions) I put some chocolates that I might or might not have felt the need to taste test just in case they weren't really, really good. (They were.)

Remember how I have mentioned that Bryce loves the card game, Peanuts? He has at least four sets of cards that he keeps at the ready for a game and they are kept in a plastic bag. When I saw this die card holder I just knew that I had to get it. And since it was for Father's Day I thought he needed a new set of cards that features the best Dad we know and his adorable sidekicks.


3 comments:

  1. What a sweet day?! SO considerate of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special way to make a special day for a very special guy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ideas! Thanks for posting. When I was looking for new kitchen cabinets I went with these guys. Great prices and selection.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips