Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Bike Baskets


Now that Harris can ride on just two wheels we have been riding all over town! It's quick, good exercise and great for the environment so it's a win- win situation.

We love our bikes. I especially love our baskets. I've had mine, a gift from my in-laws, for several years now and still smile every time I get on my bike. It's just lovely.


Grace had a wicker basket for her bike but unfortunately it wasn't a great design. It hooked onto the handlebars which was fine until Grace went over any sort of bump and then it would rocket off of her bike! So we got her a new one that strapped on. Plus, it's hot pink. And super cute.


Harris wanted one that had a lid. He mentioned that he thought it would be even better if it had a key that locked! That makes me wonder what exactly he needs to be under lock and key at the tender age of 5. (The children's baskets came from the Nantucket Bike Basket Co. I'm not a huge fan of the label that is on the front of the basket but it could be worse.)


P.S. In case you think that Bryce is completely left out- he has no desire for a basket but is content to strap the pool bag onto the back of his bike with bungee cords!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and functional...great baskets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Bryce!! Guys don't do baskets!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet ideas! Thanks for posting. When I was looking for new kitchen cabinets I went with these guys. Great prices and selection.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips