Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Teacher Appreciation


Grace's class gave a whole class gift to their teacher for teacher appreciation. We used the delightful book, Mrs. Spitzer's Garden by Edith Pattou, as a starting point. Continuing with the gardening theme, I bought a simple terra cotta pot and potted five common herbs. I used a downloadable graphic to make a thank you note and attached it to a craft stick. As I was getting the craft stick I came upon these little people on sticks that I must have purchased thinking they would come in handy sometime. And so they did! A little coloring in and we had two second graders! Aren't they cute?

6 comments:

  1. I love that idea. Very cute. I must go and find people sticks now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww very sweet idea! I bet she loved it!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done it again. Terrific idea, terrific job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute....It's funny- I found some small oval tins in the dollar bin at target and I was thinking of using them to make tiny kitchen herb gardens for my daughter's teachers. Love the idea of giving a book with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FANTASTIC and CREATIVE and SWEET teachers gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet ideas! Thanks for posting. When I was looking for new kitchen cabinets I went with these guys. Great prices and selection.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips