Friday, May 21, 2010

Strawberry Season



It's strawberry season, which means that our local farm has opened its gates for those of use eagerly awaiting the first strawberries of the season. The children love picking the berries but they love eating them more... even before we get out of the field!

After we picked berries Grace was inspired to write a poem.

I showed her this watercolor and she decided to try her hand at that as well. We are really celebrating the berry this year! The only problem? We eat them so quickly that they are gone within a day and we don't have enough to make shortcake!

3 comments:

  1. Strawberries are certainly the sweetest thing about spring!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhhhhh how I ADORE strawberries... your pictures make me want to find a patch and go on a strawberry hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The time that I was blind and needed to see the light was tough. I needed info on sober college. And finally found the one that worked for me.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips