Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex and the City Party

I thought it might be fun to post about a Sex and the City party I hosted two years ago when the first movie came out. I didn't get great pictures of the food and drinks (cosmos of course!) because this was BC- before blogging! But I do have great pictures of the fabulous women who attended! It was a lot of fun!

I made the invitations using a heated embosser and glitter! I tried to stick to a black and hot pink color combination in as many ways as I could.


Everyone was encouraged to dress according to a favorite character from the show. It was a lot of fun to see everyone in clothes that they would not necessarily normally wear! Even though I love Charlotte's character I thought my hair lent itself to Carrie. Talk about big hair!




Fortunately, hot pink rhodendrans and peonies were blooming at the time so they added a festive touch to the color scheme as well.


P.S. We are gathering for cosmos and cupcakes (and to go see the movie) next Friday!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun party! I am embarrassed to say I never never seen one episode of Sex and the City...sigh...

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny, I hosted a party too! Yours looked a little fancier then mine.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips