Monday, May 10, 2010

A Getaway


Bryce and I had a wonderful time at the beautiful Barnsley Gardens. It was restful, fun, romantic and quiet! Here's a rundown of our two days at Barnsley...

We flew to Atlanta and went straight to Barnsleys. It broke my heart a little to drive through Atlanta and not see family or friends but this was ultimately a weekend away just for the two of us!


We were delighted with our little cottage.


It had charming amenities such as this...

and this.


The cottage was on Rose Way and we walked through a rose tunnel several times a day.



When we first arrived we walked around for a bit and then had dinner at a restaraunt on the property.


We ordered this wine. Check out the cork. I think we might have found our house wine.


The next day while Bryce was in his conference I walked the gardens and the ruins and then went to the spa! Totally decadent, I know. But I loved every minute of it.


After Bryce's session was over, we walked the gardens together and then went to dinner in the ruins (it was part of the conference but it was truly lovely).



On Saturday, Bryce had a morning session and then we headed home. We had a little bit of time before our flight home so we were able to stop by Geoff and Dawn's house and participate in their daughter's first birthday celebration! It was so special to be able to participate (and meet!) in Camille's first birthday. An added bonus was that other dear friends were there as well (the core four!).

Here's the "official" picture...


but this is my favorite.

4 comments:

  1. It was such a wonderful surprise to see you! I was thrilled beyond words that you and Bryce were able to celebrate with us. Seeing your face brought me even more joy... and I was already pretty joy filled!!!!

    PS the gardens were beautiful, I'm glad you had a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a dreamy weekend! Last time I was there was with you..sniff..sniff!

    So glad you got to see friends at least for a bit!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've been waiting for this post. What a dreamy serene setting to spend special time together. Lovely mood-setting photos that we'll enjoy more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet ideas! Thanks for posting. When I was looking for new kitchen cabinets I went with these guys. Great prices and selection.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips