Sunday, May 23, 2010

Campout


Bryce got a new tent in preparation for his and the children's annual camping trip. Of course as soon as it came the children (and Bryce!) wanted to try it out. Thus the three of them had a backyard campout on Friday evening.

We cooked out, had a fire, roasted s'mores and then everyone retired to bed. They went to sleep in the tent- I went to sleep in the plush confines of my own bed. It was a win-win situation!




We have really been enjoying the book, Campout by Lynn Brunelle. It has all sorts of interesting, informative information covering every aspect of camping and nature. It even has activities to do and crafts to make.

3 comments:

  1. how fun! I might just try that when my stepson is here for the summer! I used to love having indoor picnics so why not at home camping!

    hugs! Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's camping time again already!? You have such a wonderful place for a backyard camping experience. Looks like the former tent has been one-ups'd. Happy times. It's great how you find a story book to go with each event.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not joking--- I JUST CHECKED out that book from the library!!! I'm going to take the kiddos camping this year... KOA style. You post is getting me in the mood for a camping ADVENTURE! :):)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips