Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Old binders...


This is one of those posts that will probably only interest my Mom but I just had to document this discovery!

Several weeks ago when we were being deluged by days and days of rain our sump pump failed (again) and our basement got several inches of water. Fortunately, we were prepared and had boxes and stored items up off of the cement. However, one box did meet its demise. That box contained two binders that I put together in middle school! Remember the binders that I posted about a while back? Well apparently they had their origins many, many, many years ago! I had to chuckle because the binders are pretty much the same as the ones that I now have- it's just the content that has changed.

Apparently I used to believe that if I did all of these things my life would be perfect and just like pictures in the magazines! I also had a pretty romantic view on life (still do) and thought that sitting in a claw foot tub holding a fluffy cat would mean that I had made it in life!


I was prepared just in case I had a hard time sleeping (I never have).


Skin care was also a high priority! I remember I used to have one of those steamers and I was religious about using it! Too bad no one was yet preaching about the benefits of staying out of the sun!



I still can't remember to take vitamins. Or show self control when faced with a high calorie cupcake.



This is my favorite picture because the girl riding the bike is wearing a dress and keds. I used to do that all the time and I worry that I was a total dork. This picture has confirmed that everyone was doing it! I'm going to try to not think about the fact that I was still doing it ten years ago!


I'm not sure whether to be impressed by my dedication to these binders or frightened. Either my Mom was happy that I was not getting into all sorts of middle school trouble or she was seriously worried about my apparent lack of a social life. It's a toss up!

5 comments:

  1. I love that you found these...a hint at how you became you! :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I have to say that I got a good laugh out of seeing that you were keeping "binders" back then--you get it honestly. I have never seen anyone keep as many "albums", "scrapbooks", etc. as your Mother! I have always kidded her about it--she has pictures of everything that has ever been in her house (yes, even the bathrooms) or her life! When she goes to heaven, I don't know where in the world you girls will put all of these! But it will be interesting and hold so many memories for you of the life and times of Jerrilyn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it. Didn't realize you began so young. So glad the binders turned up and you are enjoying them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny post! I love the part about dresses and Keds. We were all wearing that when Baby Club first began. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good brief and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips