Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter

Happy Easter everyone! We had a lovely day that included Easter baskets and Easter dresses (and ties!), church, and an Easter brunch eaten outside.

The Easter Bunny always brings themed baskets for the children. This year Harris' theme was nature and Grace's was stitchery and sewing. Somehow I missed getting pictures of the children with their baskets but here is what was in the baskets.

Among other things Harris received a nature study kit that has containers for "finds" or specimens, a journal, and a magnifying glass.


Included in Grace's basket was a sewing needle holder (a toadstool one at that!), a bunny ring pincushion and a sewing kit.
Harris absolutely loved the Jack Rabbit that was in his basket and Grace and Mom spent a lot of time discussing different projects that they could work on. Grandma is going to be a good resource for her (remember I don't sew!).

The children looked really nice in their Easter finery. Bryce had to stay after church to help with something and so we missed getting a picture of all four of us.



We ate outside to take advantage of the beautiful weather we are having. Our brunch was delicious and the table looked pretty too!




7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful day and a great way to celebrate new life!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I am having such fun going through all of your back posts. I tried to comment earlier- but, I don't think it went through. Did you see that your adorable doll party was on Party Perfect today. Love it! Congrats. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing ideas. I knew we thought alike. I also gave my 8 year old a sewing kit in her basket. It was not as cute as yours. Please share your sources for your dress and giant bunny cookie cutter!!! I am loving your blog and the huge smiles on your beautiful kiddos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you guys- you are so kind.

    Nina your blog has fabulous ideas and I look forward to more!

    Andrea- You must find Girls Best Book of Knitting, Embroidery, and Sewing for your daughter. I found it through Mariah at the blog Playful Learning and it is wonderful! It has great pictures and illustrations and seems to have fun and engaging projects. It would last the girls though teenager hood!

    I got my dress at the end of the season (they go 50-70% off!) from Kayce Hughes. I have several dresses from her and I LOVE them all! The website is kaycehughes.com. I think she has a variation of this dress every year. Unfortunately, I have no idea where I got the cookie cutter from- I've had it for years!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was delighted that you responded to my comment. I will check out the sites asap. Picnics are our favorite! Enjoy your spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In photo of Grace with your mom, she looks so grown up!! like she is 14 or 15 years old!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips