Monday, April 12, 2010

A birthday picnic



We celebrated Bryce's birthday a little early tonight. I wanted to surprise him with the driveway lined with balloons and a picnic set under our favorite tree but as my Mom and I were setting the balloons up Bryce drove up. Usually he gets home at the same time every evening just like clockwork but tonight he was early! We were glad to have him home early, surprise or not! My original plan was to purchase 37 balloons - when did balloons get so expensive? I got an even two dozen and that turned out to be plenty. I must say that they were very festive and happy looking as they bobbed around in the breeze.

Grace made a birthday banner for Bryce that we hung in the tree. She included 37 reasons why we love Bryce.


We started our meal with some cheese and crackers and then dined on croissants with chicken salad, kettle chips, and fruit.


When it was time for dessert we had to move inside because it was really getting chilly. I made a dessert that combined two of Bryce's favorites - Oreos and cheesecake!

8 comments:

  1. HI,

    Gorgeous idea!!!

    I am also doing apicnic for my children's bday! :)

    I have a Party Link Party going on every month over at BirdCrafts.blogspot.com so this post would be a great one to link up next month!

    Hope to see you there?! :)

    Hugs,
    Bird

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute...cute! A great way to celebrate 37 years.
    Isn't silly that balloons are so expensive? One year I bought a small tank it was a little cheaper than buying one balloon at a time.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this....What a nice surprise for your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww what a great idea! I agree - just bought balloons about a month ago - I literally gasped at the price!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you use some sort of stake to keep the balloons in the ground? What a great way to show the way for partygoers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for such nice comments!

    Maria- The lady at the balloon store offered to sell me weights... for $1 apiece. I declined of course and ended up using clothespins and clipping them to the grass. It ended up working beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone for such nice comments! Maria- The lady at the balloon store offered to sell me weights... for $1 apiece. I declined of course and ended up using clothespins and clipping them to the grass. It ended up working beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips