Thursday, March 25, 2010

Easter Readiness

I've finally begun to start thinking about Easter (I really like it when it is later in April)! We pulled out our little Easter box and was surprised to find these cute and happy chicken egg cozies. I only have a vague memory of buying them and it's a bit funny because never in my life have I made boiled eggs to serve at breakfast. Maybe this will be the year.


I picked up this cute wreath at Target. I got two- a big one and a small one- so that I have one for the front door and the back door.


And of course we decorated our Easter tree. Oh, how I love this tree.


Also, a few weeks ago I was walking past a Janie and Jack store and I spotted this tie in the window. I couldn't possibly not get it. How sweet Harris will look sporting our family mascot on Easter morning!

4 comments:

  1. Just this morning I thought about getting out my Easter stuff...I am just in birthday mode.

    Headed to the attic...

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog from a link to your daughters birthday party and have loved following you because you always inspire me, and I'm always checking it for new ideas. Just sat down at the computer to look for Easter ideas because I just got a call from the school to help with the party next week for my 8 year old daughter. I loved that you just posted about Easter. Can you share any more ideas? Easter treats? Easter meal ideas? Thank you for the inspiration! Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much Andrea for your kind comment, I'm glad you follow along! I'm getting a "late" start on Easter this year. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet but I did post last year about some activities we did (April). One of my favorite Easter activities is our Carrot dinner where we decorate eggs. It's just plain fun! I did see some darling bunny cupcakes that would be fun for a school treat, I'll try to find where I saw them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The chicken egg covers caught my attention. They take me back to the knited yellow chicks my mother had that fit over plastic eggs in her Easter basket. We always smiled at seeing the chickens amongst the other dyed eggs.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips