Monday, March 29, 2010

Easter Menus

We have a lot of Easter meals and snacks coming up at the end of the week. I'm still tweaking the menus a bit but here's what I have so far...

Egg decorating and dinner
Carrot Soup
*Bunny Salad
Carrot and turkey burgers
Bunny Cake (made with a carrot cake, of course)

Good Friday
**Hot Cross Buns

Saturday
Carrot muffins to leave for the bunny

Easter Sunday Brunch
Bread Pudding Quiche with berries and bacon
Parmesan Roasted Asparagus
Herb Salad with lemon dressing
Lemon tart with a sage-cornmeal crust

*I was planning on doing a green salad to have with our burgers but I came upon this bunny salad. I can't decide if it's cute or sort of weird. They might be fun for the children? What do you think? What else could I use for ears besides almond slices?

** I've never made Hot Cross Buns before. I've been doing some research on recipes but haven't found "the one." Anyone have a good recipe?

***I'm going to replace the pecans in the recipe with chocolate chips.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy week! A cute way to celebrate Easter.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the blog luv! I dropped you an email, but I wanted to say I LOVE your creativity, I added you to my reader - your kids must love having such a crafty mom!

    Kim @ http://frostmeblog.blogspot.com
    party inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking plans. You might try a thin slice of very firm pear, including peel, as ears and cut slots in the bunny heads to fit them. They could be cut longer, and would match the bunny too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. here is a simple recipe for hot cross buns that you could do with your kids
    http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hot-cross-buns-859977/

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips