Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Details




I love details, don't you? Beaver Creek really pays attention to the details and that's part of what makes it a special place to visit.

Part of Beaver Creek's logo is, "Not exactly roughing it." I love it.

At the end of the day, the staff greet you at the base of the mountain with fresh chocolate chip cookies. Love it.

In the morning when you get off of the main chair lift they are serving cocoa. Again, love it.


The Hyat Hotel at the base of the mountain serves up marshmallows, chocolate, and graham crackers to make s'mores. I had heard of this and was expecting to get a packet of s'more ingredients. What I was not expecting was delicious homemade marshmallows in an assortment of sophisticated flavors. To my delight they also served dark chocolate as well as milk chocolate. I really didn't intend to have a s'more myself but who can resist a vanilla bean marshmallow and dark chocolate s'more. I couldn't. What is even more remarkable about this whole deal is that it doesn't cost a thing and you don't have to be a guest of the hotel. Love it.



P.S. Thanks to those that have inquired about Grace's party! It went great and I will post about it tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Wow...that is really not roughing it!! I had to zoom in on the pictures of the marshmallows...beautiful!! I would love all those special touches...what memories!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was like you had dies and gone to ski heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops I meant died not dies...did I mention I gave up english for lent.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips