Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Groundhog Day Treat and a Book


Happy Groundhog Day! We are in for 6 more weeks of winter (no surprise there!). It's still really cold outside so it was the perfect evening to have some groundhog day cocoa! I got the instructions here for making the furry- or should I say chocolatey- little fellow. The only change I made was to use another cookie for his shadow on the plate. He was super easy to put together and super cute.

As the children were drinking their hot chocolate I read them the story, Go to Sleep, Groundhog! by Judy Cox. We read this book every year, and I think everyone should have it! It's got great illustrations and a fun story. Groundhog can't go to sleep and keeps getting up to discover the various holidays that he usually misses. He's gently put back to sleep with a snack and a story by different characters representing the holidays.





We should all look this messy and happy after drinking hot cocoa!

4 comments:

  1. Ok that is so cute! We passed the day by without even a mention of Groundhog Day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute little groundhog! I love his eyes.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those mini Oreos for ears? I've never seen the small version. What a neat idea for a book and how great to have for a day often ignored. I recognize the place mats and am smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the chocolate face! So cute!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips