Thursday, January 7, 2010

Conversation Napkins

I think that one of the benefits of our eating dinner together every night is that we will all learn more about each other and what is going on in our lives. Hopefully, as the children get older this will help us to stay connected.

Also, I hope the children will learn the value of being involved in a good conversation. However, sometimes it can be difficult because at the end of the day we are tired and have our eye on bedtime. We usually go around and name our "highs" and "lows" of the day but we have now added conversation napkins to our dinner routine. I found these before Christmas and thought they were so neat that I gave some to my sister for Christmas! We've used them several times and I've already learned a few new things about my family! (I think they are especially neat because it gives children opportunities to learn things about their parents!)

I just discovered that they are a whopping 60% off (don't you sometimes think that we should do all our shopping after Christmas???)! They also have a teenager version which I"m thinking I should get while it is available and on sale!

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestion. We're thinking on it for gifts or for when we have guests with young children. Thanks for the quick connect.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips