Monday, January 4, 2010

Christening gown garment bags



When Grace was christened we bought a new christening gown for her since we didn't have one already in the family. We purchased one that we thought was beautiful but simple and wearable for boys or girls. I love it. Borrowing (yet again) an idea from Martha we made a garment bag for the gown out of a beautifully embroidered pillowcase that I purchased off of ebay. I adore the bag because I think it is so pretty and delicate which is appropriate for such a special article of clothing.

Fast forward seven years and two of my dear friends had little girls within a few months of each other. I knew that one friend has a very special christening gown that had been passed down through the family and the other friend was purchasing one. I really wanted to send a special gift so I began the hunt for pillowcases. It was more difficult this time, but I found two that I thought were pretty. I also found a gal on etsy who makes custom hangers and thought that would be a great finishing touch. I love how the gifts turned out and I had fun putting them together!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i absolutely adore your own writing way, very helpful,
    don't give up and keep penning as it simply just nicely to read it.
    looking forward to look into alot more of your current content pieces, have a good one ;)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips