Friday, January 1, 2010

2010


Wow! I simply cannot believe that another year has gone by. I feel like we make serious efforts - and are successful - at not filling our lives up too full. And yet, time still flies by at an unsettling rate.

I'm not one to make and keep wonderful resolutions but this year I am going to set some goals for myself. As I get older (and older and older), I feel I'm settling into myself more and more. But I cannot believe that I'll be 37 (!) in just a few days! I would like to stay right where I am and yet time marches on! I find myself thinking more and more about my age and what that means. What does that mean? Anything? Everything? So this year will be spent concentrating on being happy right where my family and I are and for being oh, so thankful for all that I have and all that I love. Happy New Year to you all!

Without further ado here are my 2010 goals...

1. Have more patience with my children and those around me.
2. Enjoy the moment instead of wishing the house were more tidy or the children quieter!
3. Spend more time thoughtfully working on my marriage.
4. Be healthier.
5. Make a budget and stick to it.
6. Buy and fix up an Airstream!

The above picture is from our little family celebration last night. We reviewed the top 11 moments for each of us from 2009 and made a wish for 2010. I have to admit that I thought my pipe cleaner toppers were awfully cute.

2 comments:

  1. Great ideas for the New Year. I am again working on my word of the year like Holly had suggested. Still can't think of just the right word...

    My age has really gotten to me too...not in a bad way but I am like WOW...37. I really can't believe it.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you on all of these--even the airstream!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips