Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Years Treats

We are looking forward to a New Years Eve that is spent with family and then friends! In preparation for both I've made these fun treats.

I think that the petit fours turned out really cute. They were inspired by these but since I didn't have fondant I used chocolate ganache. I don't know why I can't seem to get the icing down (it's good but it looks a bit sloppy). Also, I did track down a recipe for them that used oreo cakesters but I thought I would make them with the traditional sponge cake. Cakesters didn't sound all that good to me. The 2010 on top was surprisingly easy to do.


I made cookie clocks that are counting down toward midnight for the children. The instructions are right here.

3 comments:

  1. Delicious...
    I hope you have a wonderful New Year's Eve.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!! I think you did FANTASTIC!!! I love them! I liked those clocks from Amy Atlas too, but I think yours are even cuter!

    Blessings-
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips