Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankful t-shirts



I really think that it is important that our children learn to be thankful and appreciative of all that they have. We've been reading and talking about what it means to be thankful. Early in November we read the book Thanks for Thanksgiving, and I asked each of the children (separately) what they were thankful for. I then went to a local embroidery shop and had t-shirts made that listed what they children were thankful for.


Harris' list


Grace's list

I got the idea from a catalogue, Chasing Fireflies, but thought that it was rather pricey at $38 per t-shirt. I ended up spending $30 total- including the t-shirts! They turned out really cute! I'm thinking that it might turn into a new tradition.


4 comments:

  1. Very cute! I really like what they are both thankful for...it represents them so well!

    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh
    wowww Reallt such a nice collection of T-Shirts.

    I'm Lovng It
    :)
    N here i have more For Thanks Giving
    Visit
    Green

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am way behind in reading your blog...so many cute ideas. I love the t-shirts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this post for the first time. I am looking for ideas for Thanksgiving. May have to copy them for this year.... I saw them in Chasing Fireflies last year and loved them, but not the price tag. I never consdiered having them made myself. Thanks for another awesome idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips