Thursday, November 12, 2009

Limber Letters



A few months ago I discovered Limber Letters on etsy. How I wish that I had had these always! We use them almost everyday and in many different ways. What I love about the Limber Letters is that there are lots of letters so you never seem to run out of an "e". These letters are just great for emerging readers and already strong readers. Harris uses them to practice his letters and Grace makes words, sentences and practices her spelling words. I've even taken to leaving messages for the children at their breakfast place or above the sink.

I've put them in a container on the kitchen island and have been pleasantly surprised at how much the children play with them. I've even found myself playing with them while on the phone! The gal who sells these letters also has a blog that she updates with new games and/or ideas of what to do with your letters.


We even used the letters to mark who's medicine cup was whose!

4 comments:

  1. What a great way to make learning fun. Wish I had thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am soooooo happy you are enjoying your letters! I had a referring url from your blog so I linked up and found this post. Thank you for blogging about Limber Letters. This post made me so happy and I love seeing those letters around your house.

    you made my day :)

    love, Tiffany of Likely Classroom

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips