Thursday, October 8, 2009

Meals for new Moms



When Harris was born my neighborhood friends created a schedule of meals to be delivered to us and it was wonderful! Having homemade food delivered to your door is not only a relief but comforting in a time that can be unsettled.

I've been happy to deliver food to friends who have had babies but it is always a logistics challenge to get everyone signed up and accounted for. Reply all emails go back and forth and can be confusing. Also, the person who puts together the list is left to remind people and keep track of it all.

Recently, a dear friend had a baby and friends and I wanted to set up a schedule of meal delivery for her. I had heard of Food Tidings and thought we should give it a try! I am so glad we did, it made things infinitely easier. This free service helps you to make a schedule and send out a link to the site to everyone who might want to be involved. Everyone can sign up at their convenience. You even receive an email to remind you of when it is your time to bring dinner. It literally took me 5 minutes to set up an account and couldn't have been easier. I highly recommend it!

P.S. This would also be a great site to use for families in a crisis- health or otherwise.

1 comment:

  1. We have someone in Sunday school who is about to have a baby...I may give this a shot.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips