Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Custom Clipboards


As we start to gear up for back to school I'm trying to get a few organizers in place. Last spring my friend Jennifer made clipboards to give as favors at her daughter's birthday party. They were so cute that I felt inspired to create some for my children. I plan on using them for chore charts and paperwork for the children.

The clipboards were easy to make although I found it a little frustrating to try to cut around the area where the back of the clip is attached. Jennifer also recommended tying the clip open while you work with the paper and that was a tremendous help. Once you have traced and cut your paper around the clipboard you simply use Mod Podge to glue the paper on the clipboard. I also painted Mod Podge on top of the paper to give it durability and a nice sheen too!

I'm really happy with how they turned out (I especially love the woodland scene paper)! Thank you Jen! Now if only I can figure out a good system for the chores....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blogging tips