Saturday, August 22, 2009

A few of our favorite things...

A few of our favorite things...

Family Night

We're getting back on track with regular family nights. Tonight's theme was "a few of our favorite things."

Steak and Rissotto
I asked the children what their favorite foods were and their answers were steak (Harris) and risotto (Grace). Therefore, those were on the menu for dinner.

Oreos and Ben and Jerry's Ice cream

Bryce has a serious love for oreos, and I love Ben and Jerry's ice cream*. The children and I made mint oreo ice cream out of our Ben and Jerry's recipe book. Seriously good.

Movies
We watched The Sound of Music!

Vacations

We leave tomorrow for a much anticipated vacation! We are staying at the Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont. I figure it will either be awesome or cheesy or maybe awesomely cheesy! At any rate I'll be back next week.

Whiskers on kittens...



*I can hardly wait to take the Ben and Jerry's factory tour. I'm more excited than the children.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a wonderful time!!

    Sorry I have been so slack on your blog lately...I had to take most of August off to get school started...remember those days!!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips