Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Enchanted Gardens


If everyone has their own idea of what heaven is like then this is Grace's.

Today the children and I took a daytrip to the Enchanted Gardens at Winterthur. It was a magical place! I should warn you now that approximately 2 million pictures are in this post. Please believe me when I tell you that I did try to edit the photos. It was hard. Obviously.

Every single detail was thought of in the creation of these beautiful gardens. We had it almost all to ourselves... for the 4 hours that we spent in them!

The tulip treehouse. Grace spotted fairy dust in the house.


Mother birds nest.

A fairy ring.

The children, Harris especially, were disappointed that fairy work was being done on the troll bridge. I guess the troll was on vacation!





The cottage was so beautiful! We were ready to move in!

Running around the maypole in the gathering green.


Even though it was a rather warm day we had really wonderful shade.


Frog Hollow where we even saw a frog.


Said frog.

Checking to see if they could fly. Not yet.


We ended the day with tired, but happy, children.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to visit this place. very cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom visited these gardens last year on a garden tour. She said wonderful things and your pictures make it look magical.

    I would love to visit there!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips