Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Writing Basket



I got the idea to do a writing basket several months ago when I saw one on this blog (which has fantastic content). I've been meaning to put one together for the children but didn't get around to it until yesterday. Man, I wish I had done it sooner! I put the basket out yesterday and the children sat for almost 2 hours "working" on their writing. They did write some more today and I hope that it will not be a one time thing but a regular part of their day.

I think how often it is used will depend on where the basket is located. I usually put most of the art supplies in the attic playroom, but I've put this basket downstairs in a central location. They can grab supplies and sit at the kitchen island, take the basket to the garden or sit in the foyer!

Harris really surprised me! When I showed him the composition book that was for him his eyes lit up and he said, "This basket is for me too!?!". I explained to him that he could draw and dictate his story to me. He immediately went to work!


1 comment:

  1. What a neat thing to do with the kids!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips