Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Library Bag


I have finally gotten around to doing something that has been on my to-do list for a long time. The children and I put together a library bag! We are trying to take more advantage of our local library because I'm trying to ween myself away from my amazon addiction. I'm really just joking. Sort of.

I was inspired by Brooke over at Inchmark and the cute bags she made. I used a bag that we had left over from a previous craft project. I wish I had thought it through a little more because we tend to get a lot of books when we go. This afternoon we broke in our new bag on a trip to the library and we could have used a bit bigger of a bag. Or maybe we should stop getting so many books.

Grace drew library scenes on transfer paper (I think that's what it is called, I threw away the package). I scanned in her drawings, printed it and then ironed it on the bag. I even went so far as to embroider a title on the bag. I haven't done embroidery in years. Of course don't look to closely at the stitches, but I'm thrilled at how it turned out.



In the bag I'm going to keep a notebook with titles of books I want to read with/to the children, a pouch with library cards and money to pay the inevitable fees, our summer reading lists and The Read Aloud Handbook.


P.S. Be sure to stop by tomorrow because I'm going to do my first giveaway in honor of an exciting blogging milestone!

2 comments:

  1. So clever...you should sell a kit to make this in your "shop".

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just discovered your blog, what a cute idea! I love this, I think I will have my kids each decorate their own- other wise I would need a HUGE bag = )

    You have a very cute blog with lots of great ideas!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips