Thursday, June 18, 2009

Chalkboard Plant Markers


It's raining here again today! This has to be the wettest spring I've ever experienced! The upside is that everything is very green. The downside is that the children's garden is very, very wet. The spot in our yard where the garden is located holds water and I'm worried about root rot. Our seedlings did not do all that great- it was very hit or miss. I guess that a ton of water plus not a lot of sun equals struggling new plants!

A couple of weekends ago we did manage to put out our plant markers. Several years ago we went to a children's garden that had every plant marked with these wonderful chalkboard plant markers. I inquired as to the source of the markers and was pleasantly surprised to find that the distributer was literally in the town next to us! You must use special waterproof chalkboard markers but the writing easily comes off with alcohol. The children have fun coloring pictures on the markers, and I think that it is a great learning tool.  Here are just a few of them...



5 comments:

  1. Surely it will be sunny and hot soon! It looks to me like the plants are doing pretty well. Let us know if there are any we can contribute. The hand drawn markers are very special.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The markers are perfect for the children's garden. Great idea!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been looking everywhere for chalkboard plant markers like the ones that you have featured. Could you tell me where you purchased them? They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cheryl! I just cannot remember the name of the Co., I have looked for the name of the company in my notes and it appears to be missing. However, the store (or distribution center) is not far from my house and I wouldn't mind zipping by to jot down the name for you. It will probably take a few days though, ok? We use these markers for all sorts of things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl,
    I made it by the store today. If you will email me I can send you the information. Thanks! Anna

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips