Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Family Logo

Years ago I read a book about how to strengthen family ties.  One of the things that it suggested was to come up with a crest or family logo that reflects your family.  I've wanted to do this for a very long time but I couldn't come up with a design that I like nor do I have the software to design one.  

I came across Cathe while she was doing a guest blogging stint on Design Mom (Cathe also has a great blog).  I discovered that not only was she super creative but she designs logos for businesses.  When I told her that I wanted a family logo she didn't even laugh (well, at least not that I could hear via the internet!).  In what seemed like no time at all she came up with the above logo.  I can't tell you how much I love it, but I will try.  I love that the crown fits with our love story, has a spike for each one of us and looks like frog fingers (or toes).  I love that for now the frogs for the children are a little frog and a tadpole (she was generous enough to do one with two small frogs so that we can switch as they get bigger).  I love that the shape formed under the shield looks like an open book - I don't think that she did this on purpose, but I love it anyway!

I'm imagining all sorts of uses for the logo.  Stationary, stamps, stickers to put on gift wrap...I seriously think that there are endless things to do with it!  I'm excited to get started!  

P.S.  We had a great time on our trip; I don't have the pictures yet but I'll post some when I get them.  We laughed a lot!

1 comment:

  1. I do adore the logo and I am glad you shared it!

    Can't wait to hear about the trip.

    Did you see Bakerella's sheep Easter pops?...to die for!!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips