Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Twilight


I have to admit that I have read all of the Twilight series. Kathleen gave me the first book when I was in Atlanta and I had read them all within a week and a half. I found them strangely engrossing and fascinating. I simply couldn't put them down! Really, even when I knew I should be doing something else, I was reading. I found myself sneaking off to try to fit in a few minutes reading time. Admittedly, I am a reader who gets really sucked in - just ask Bryce.  

My friend, Sonja, hosted a gathering of some of our bookclub members (we are reading all four books!!) over the weekend to watch the newly-released movie. Cathy brought Bloody Marys (so clever!) and we had a great time. Somehow I forgot to cancel the movie in my Netflix queue and it arrived in the mail today. I guess I will have to watch it again and maybe even convince Bryce, who is probably really tired of hearing the name Edward, to watch it with me.  Have you read any good books lately?

P.S. The first book was my favorite.  If you do read even just the first book, you must let me know what you think and you must read the author's online version written from Edward's point of view. Read it only after you read the first one!

6 comments:

  1. I have stayed away from Twilight for some reason...maybe it is because I don't read during the school year. I just can't find time to fit it in.

    Sad to say, the last book I read for pleasure was this summer. A great book called The Thirteenth Tale. I am now reading a prof. book called Results Now...fascinating huh!

    I am fully engrossed in party planning...we need to talk so I can fill you in.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have stayed away from Twilight for some reason...maybe it is because I don't read during the school year. I just can't find time to fit it in.

    Sad to say, the last book I read for pleasure was this summer. A great book called The Thirteenth Tale. I am now reading a prof. book called Results Now...fascinating huh!

    I am fully engrossed in party planning...we need to talk so I can fill you in.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Between the Twilight series and the Harry Potter, my husband will never allow you to give me another book to read...Oh, and your not watching that with Bryce, I'll be over later tonight with popcorn!! (We'll just pretend we're going out for our walk.) :)

    -Marci

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going out for a walk, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely loved this series! And the first one definitely is the best. I'm watching the movie this weekend but don't expect it to be nearly as good as the book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the first book and even gave it to my hubby to read who loved it too. We ordered ourselves the hardcover box set of the series but I was disappointed especially when I read New Moon. That will be a hard movie to make I think because most of the book is written about what is happening in Bella's head. I did love the Twilight movie though and Rob Pattinson is certainly a bit of a spunk.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips