Monday, March 30, 2009

Pantry Staples

I cook almost every night and we enjoy a wide variety of meals.  My neighbor, John, got me thinking about how many different types of salt we have in the house.  This led made me to think of the staples that I always have on hand.  I use at least three of the following food items every time I cook.  What food item do you always have to have in the pantry?

I cannot fathom not having olive oil in the house.  I use this on a daily basis!

Thank goodness everyone in our family likes onions!

Not only do we love garlic, but I love my garlic press as well.

Have you tried Barilla Plus?  This pasta is whole wheat but doesn't have that cardboard, dense flavor.  The children don't even notice the difference.

Once I started using kosher salt I couldn't even think about going back to table salt.  It makes a huge difference!

We also used crushed tomatoes a lot.

Parmesan cheese is essential.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with all of those, especially the coarse Kosher salt. I love it! Also, onions...my we go through those so fast.
    Our snack staple is almonds and cheese.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips