Friday, March 13, 2009

Our White House


As I've gotten older I have become much more interested in history and wish that I had paid more attention in history class! I recently purchased this book that I absolutely love and think that everyone should own! I suppose that it is a children's book, but I have been reading it for the past week and find it fascinating. 108 authors have written/illustrated stories about various Presidents and the White House. These are personal stories that are told from all different perspectives, many are made up but based on historical fact. I've learned so much! I believe this is the type of book that will serve a family well for many, many years and teach children that history really is an interesting story.

2 comments:

  1. I got this book for my six year old. He is so interested in the Presidency I thought this would feed his curiosity. It is a little more advanced than we thought so I am loving it too. I'm right there with you--learning so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will be fun when you all come and see the real thing!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips