Thursday, January 15, 2009

Save Hand-Made


I love children's toys that are functional as well as beautiful, which seems to be the case with many hand-made toys.  I've recently learned that there is some misguided legislation that is threatening to make hand-made toys illegal!  This would put a lot of small businesses out of business  and make our toy options a lot more limited.  There is a really thorough explanation of the situation here and what you and I can do about it.  

Santa brought this woodland fairy house (the elves made it) to Grace for Christmas.  I'm not sure who loves it more- her or I!  It's so beautiful and the details are exquisite.   We've even had a real fairy visit and sleep in the bed!  We know this because she left some fairy dust behind.  It was very exciting!



2 comments:

  1. You have got to be kidding me! You know what we need? We need a really nice toy store in town...one I could walk to...where the nicest toys would be available and I'd know they were safe and functional...don't you agree? I wonder if anyone has thought of that...

    I love the fairy house! Ellie lost her first tooth the day before yesterday. The tooth fairy visited, of course, but today she confronted me and asked if it was me who left the money...I hate that! I dodged it - MAtthew as there declaring his belief. Maybe I'll just tell them the fairies all live over there at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fairy house...I know Grace was thrilled!

    I love wooden hand made toys. They are the ones you want to keep for generations. I hope someone with some sense sets these people straight!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips