Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Love at first sight....

Three years ago, when my sister was visiting, we went shopping at a nearby town that has lots of antique stores.  In one of the shops I spotted an antique chandelier (I adore them!) that had strawberries on it.  It was really, really out of my price range, but I have thought about that chandelier a lot.  I've even looked on ebay several times but not had any luck.  Until Saturday.

A friend called and asked if I would like to ride with her to a store that was going out of business.  As we were looking around I looked up and spotted a strawberry chandelier (new, not antique).  It was love at first (re)sight! I was thrilled but dismayed to see that this one was also out of my price range!  Gretchen encouraged me to offer a lot less (what did I have to lose?).  I did and after a bit of going back and forth we agreed on a price!  I'm going to put it on the front porch.  It has me dreaming of alfresco dinners.  

3 comments:

  1. How beautiful!

    Did I ever tell you about getting my tole flower chandelier at the flea Market? I felt like Martha...never again have I found something so good.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, that makes me really want one! You are one lucky duck!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips