Monday, December 29, 2008

Goodbye Christmas


I love Christmas, but once it's over I'm ready to put everything away.  Up until Christmas day the decorations seem beautiful and magical and after that they just seem like clutter!  I know that sounds scroogey, but I've always felt this way.

I took down the tree tonight and once again am so thankful for my ornament boxes.  I found these boxes and really wanted them but agonized for a good many years before buying them.  You see they are kind of pricey for ornament storage.  I kept waiting for them to go on sale. They don't.  Ever.  
 
Putting the ornaments on the tree involved lots of unwrapping or wrapping up the ornaments in tissue paper.  It was time consuming, messy and not a lot of fun.  Two years ago I finally gave in and ordered a box.  I'm so glad I did.  Not only are my new boxes pretty, but they are heavy duty, archival, and they use shredded paper to protect the ornaments.  Now I simply place the ornaments in their compartment and feel secure in their safety.  I feel like our beloved ornaments are well taken care of.  

4 comments:

  1. Our Christmas is set t come down this weekend. I hate doing it...I will miss it so much!

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you. After the big day I must have my normal house back--my normal clutter is enough! Love the boxes. We bought the plastic ones at Target, but I so wanted the pretty ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The History of the New York Philharmonic 12/27 - Minneapolis, MN - Xcel Energy Center - 3:00 PM & 7:30 PM between 1948 and today, valued in three grades of condition, as well as a thoroughly illustrated label guide for easy distinction between first editions and later pressings. Brass is also an important part of an orchestra and these instruments project quite a bit and are used more often in melodies. French horn is one of the most useful brasses because it easily doubles the rest of the brasses. Trumpet is also well known instrument that is rather high to soar above the orchestra to be heard.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips