Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Creche



When we were first married, Bryce's parents gave us a creche (nativity) and beautiful Fontanini figurines for it.  At the time I thought it was really nice and I always enjoyed putting it out, but as time has gone on I have really come to realize just how special it is.  

As I have mentioned before, I have a family that is talented in many areas.  Everyone seems to possess some neat and inspiring talent.  Al, Bryce's dad (he's lucky enough to have two!), made our creche by hand.  And if that weren't enough, the creche is made out of various materials that have significant meaning.  On the bottom, Marilyn recorded the origin of each part.  I love that the material to build the nativity came from family in several states and the creche came from a loved one's hand.  I can't think of a better place for our baby Jesus to rest during the Christmas season.


1 comment:

  1. Wow...they are such a talented family! How special that they made each piece so thoughtfully and from different materials.

    AnnaKate has the Fontanini Nativity as well. My mom has given her a piece each year for Christmas.

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips