Saturday, December 27, 2008

Anticipation

I worry about our children's generation and how they have so much at their fingertips all the time.  I'm sure that every generation of parents have worried about this (walking to school in the snow, uphill both ways, etc.) but it seems that as the world has gotten smaller and technology has made things easier we have lost something even as we have "gained" so much.  

I really love this article out of Cookie magazine.  As I read it I couldn't help but exclaim how true it all is!  I believe if you click on the article it will be big enough for you to read.  Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

  1. I loved the article! I'm currenlty re-reading Parenting by the Book by John Rosemond and he discusses this same issue. He promotes parenting the way "grandma" used to do it (the "book" being the Bible). It has made me rethink things.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips